So, just like many of you, our annoyingly punctual alarm clock goes off at 6am, Monday through Friday to get up and get ready for work. Also, like many of you (lets be honest) also like clockwork, we may or may not push snooze a few times before enjoying a cup of coffee and finally rolling out of bed. We are out of the house and on the road to work anywhere between 7:30-8am as we have a 30-45min commute depending on traffic. We both work at Ralco, srl in Biassono, outside of Milan. It's Carlo's father's company that makes medical, so Carlo is starting to learn the business, and I'm helping with the accounting and also with manuals.
At 12:30pm we leave for lunch. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays we go to Villa Reale for lunch, Wednesday we go to a restaurant by the bank, and Thursdays we go to Anima e Pizza. Tuesdays I always get a ball of Mozzarella di Buffala and a mixed green salad, Wednesdays I always get whatever the daily special is, and Thursdays I get a salad with tuna and corn. Mondays and Fridays are wild days where I try to mix it up a bit! We are true creatures of habit!
We work until anywhere between 5:30-630pm, depending on how work goes each day, and then make our way back home, usually getting home anywhere between 6:30 and 7pm. It's usually off to the grocery store as soon as we get back 1. because our fridge might as well be a mini fridge it's so small, 2. the store closes at 8pm so we have to do it before we eat. This has made it to where we pretty much shop for each meal, but by doing this nothing really goes bad, and everything is fresh!
Carlo then usually either does a quick workout or goes out for a run while I get dinner ready. Dinner is usually on the table around 8-8:30, depending on the intricacy of the meal. No wine Monday through Thursday (helps our waist lines and our wallets!) I do have to say I love dinner time (shocking!) because we set the table and eat together every night and I conveniently claimed the seat that looks towards the Duomo. By the time dinner is done and dishes get cleaned, I have a little time to catch up on my Facebook (or phone calls- I have a 916 number thanks to Krystal!!! it's listed in my contact info on my Facebook page and doesn't cost you anything besides minutes on your cell!), then it's off to bed to do it all again the next day!
So all in all our daily lives are the same as they were before, just a different setting to do it in! I do need to figure out where to fit some Italian classes in, as my vocabulary is coming along, but speaking is seriously lacking. Looking into taking classes at the local Commune where they hold lessons specifically for foreigners who have moved here legally. I guess with Easter and that being a symbolic rebirth time, it's as good of time as any to refocus myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment